Dear First Time Jumper,
Thank you for your interest in our sport. We appreciate that you have chosen our club for your first experience in the world of skydiving. For your future convenience, please find below the details of your upcoming static line course and first jump.
Come join us for the whole weekend at Skydive Robertson.
You are welcome to camp on our grounds, where we have kitchen and limited shower facilities. You need only bring your camping equipment, food and beverages and perhaps some braai wood for the evening’s events. We would love to get to know you around a fire in our more social environment.
As for the jump, we only require you to bring closed shoes and an open mind. The rest we will supply.
What can you expect from your static line course and first jump?
The Static Line Course and First Jump are great for a once-off experience, especially as part of a group, but they also provide a foundation from which you can progress towards your license through either Student Progression or Accelerated Freefall.
You will start your ground training on a Saturday morning at 9am and the course will run for the full day. There are short breaks, and a mixture of theory and practical work prevents the day from becoming monotonous.
On Sunday morning, you will kit up for the climb to 3,500ft where you will exit the aircraft. The parachute is designed to open straight away, and you will fly it back to the designated landing area according to your training.
Be sure to book with us. The course runs every second weekend, according to demand. All course prices can be found on our course price list.
Requirements for the course
- A healthy dose of adrenaline.
- Maximum weight limit of 100kg.
- Jumpers under 18 years of age will require parental consent. Jumpers must be at least 16 to participate.
- A R1 000,00 non-refundable deposit per person is required to secure your booking. Full payment is required before jumping.
- The course is not weather dependant although your jump is. If the jump cannot be completed on your course weekend, options will be discussed with you then.