A tandem skydive is the ultimate way to experience the thrill of freefall with minimal preparation. You will receive an intensive briefing including an introduction to the equipment that will be used, and how it works and what to expect during your skydive. Then your instructor will assist with the fitting of your harness, take you out to the aircraft, and take care of all the work while you experience a thrilling 40 second freefall. A tandem skydive does not give you a license to jump but it will get you hooked on skydiving. If you want to take the sport further you will need to attend our First Time Jump (FTJ) course, which is run every other weekend.
Skydive Robertson is the only dropzone in the Western Cape that lets you have a third person to video and take pictures of you while you skydive; all other dropzones just stick a handycam on the wrist of the tandem instructor. Your camera flyer will film you before, during and after your skydive and present you with your commemorative video when you leave.
Tandem parachuting allows you to experience the thrill of freefall skydiving without any extensive training and is our most popular skydiving course.
After your tandem tandem briefing, you will jump harnessed to the front of a fully qualified tandem instructor and then you jump. From the altitude you jump from, you will enjoy an adrenaline-fuelled freefall reaching terminal velocity at 200 kph. When you land you’ll receive a Tandem Certificate signed by your instructor.
What Happens After You Have Booked
After you’ve booked your tandem parachute jump, you will be given a confirmed arrival date/time. When you arrive at the dropzone you’ll need to register with manifest, then you venture into the world of parachuting.
- Ground and Air Instruction
- Show Up, 30 Minute Training, lets go SKYDIVE!
- Freefall at a Heart-Pumping 200km/h on your First Jump!
- Experience the Full Thrill of Skydiving with an Experienced Instructor!
- Valid government issued ID (Drivers License, South African ID, Passport)
- 18 years of age or older (or 16 with parental consent + one of the parents MUST be there and have a valid photo ID)
- Under 100 kg
- Runners/Tackies (no boots with hooks for the laces)
- Dress for the weather (normally it is 10 colder at altitude than it is on the ground).