Skydive Robertson Online Dropzone Briefing Notes
We have prepared some pre-briefing notes which are especially important for the jumpers who may not have jumped at Skydive Robertson before.
Read the landing areas and approach patterns briefing.
It is required that you read the pre-briefing notes and then show by acceptance below that you have read the pre-briefing notes.
Plane Specific Briefing Notes
Below are some plane specific briefing notes. If you are attending a specific event at Skydive Robertson and you are expecting to be jumping a plane you haven’t jumped before them please read the notes we have prepared.
Skydive Robertson Membership Portal
To save time on the day, Skydive Robertson is now using an online membership system to gather specific details about you, your skydiving experience, your next of kin, emergency details and medical aid details. This replaces the paper form we ask all new members and jumpers to complete when the visit Skydive Robertson for the first time during each membership period.
If you have already been to Skydiver Robertson since the 1st of July and have completed the paper membership form then you don’t need to register on the membership portal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want you to.
To register on the membership portal;
- Go to https://members.skydive.co.za/
- Register by providing your a username, email address, name and password, and you’ll receive an email telling you that your registration is being approved.
- Once approved, you’ll receive an email letting you know your registration has been approved.
- Log back into the membership portal and complete your profile, which includes all relevant details.
That’s it! You can login to the membership portal and delete your account whenever you choose to, but we must have the relevant information about you whenever you come and jump with us.
COVID-19 Related Details
Please read through these instructions and make sure you are able to comply with all regulations to be granted access to the dropzone.
Before coming to the dropzone
All jumps are to remain within the boundaries of the para-drop zone operational area
Valid licences / members to be ensured as per PASA requirements
Prior going to the drop-zone / club, complete the required indemnity form available at the bottom of this webpage
For following 7 day periods, re-applications are to be made
Keep a printed copy of the confirmation in your possession during these flights
- When you manifest, we are assuming that your reserve is in-date and you’re a member of PASA. If you aren’t a club member we WILL be charging you as that means we’re making the DZ a private location. If we find out that something is not right after you’ve manifested then unfortunately you won’t be able to jump but we are unlikely to be able to fill your slot so your money goes for a scenic plane ride without you. You have been warned, but this should be nothing new.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come to the dropzone. In this case we’ll do what we can to fill your slots.
- Please familiarise yourself with PASA COVID MOPs.
Arrival at the dropzone
Arriving at the dropzone you will be required to do the following:
- Have your temperature checked, ideally before you mingle with anyone else. We’d like to do this first of all so please help us achieve this.
- Sanitise your hands – we will be providing hand sanitiser. Please continue to sanitise whenever it seems sensible.
- Confirm that you aren’t feeling unwell.
While waiting for your jumps
While you are waiting to jump:
- Minimise contact with manifest – WhatsApp, shout, smoke signals, telepathy etc…
- Only manifest staff in manifest. Please bring your own pens.
- If you need to go to manifest, maintain a safe distance from manifest window.
- Payments are strictly EFT as usual. Please WhatsApp a screenshot of your POP if requested to manifest.
- Please wash/sanitise hands regularly and maintain social distancing practices.
- Masks should be worn at the DZ at all times as per government guidelines
- At the moment we have no guidelines for use of the facilities other than please help sanitise where possible.
Procedures during parachute jumping
Please ensure the following guidelines are followed while you are in the plane.
- Masks, a buff pulled down over the mouth and nose or full-face helmet with visor down shall be compulsory in the aircraft.
- Talking to the pilot is discouraged unless essential to safety.
- Handles, door handles, inside of the door, interior are cleaned prior to each load.
- Aircraft will be sanitised inside at end of each day and before start of each day.
- Nobody permitted to board without wearing a mask, a buff pulled over their mouth and nose or closed full face helmet.
- Please, where possible, minimise touching of all hard surfaces in the aircraft.
After you’ve jumped, please ensure the following;
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with water and soap as per government guidelines. Hand sanitiser will be provided and available at the dropzone.
- Keep appropriately socially distanced.
- Consider packing for yourself instead of asking someone else.
Dropzone Indemnity Form
COVID-19 questions to be answered before entry to the dropzone.
You will receive an email confirmation which is your authorisation to enter Skydive Robertson premises during the next 7 days. The following will be applicable:
- This application allows users to apply for entry to Skydive Robertson premises
- All information provided as part of this application process remains private and confidential to the applicant
- For following 7 day periods, re-applications are to be made
- Keep a printed copy / digital proof of authorisation while on premises
- I will wear a mask while on premises as per Government guidelines
- I will practice social distancing while on premises as per Government guidelines
- I will sanitize frequently while on premises
- Should I start to feel unwell while on the premises, I will leave premises immediately and notify Skydive Robertson
I, the undersigned, do hereby place on record that I will participate in all the activities at The Western Province Sport Parachuting Club (hereafter referred to Skydive Robertson) at my own risk and, being aware of hazards involved in parachuting, do hereby for my myself, my heirs, executors and assigns, indemnify and hold Skydive Robertson and/or its owners, employees, volunteers, committee, harmless against all claims for damage at the instance of myself/or any member of my family for any loss or injury sustained by me as a result of anything done or emitted by Skydive Robertson and/or its owner and/or employees and/or its agents .
Furthermore, I state that I understand the rules of Skydive Robertson, including the emergency procedures and agree to abide by these rules.