Articles posted by Susan Watts

All posts by Susan Watts

Aircraft Terms

- -
An aileron (French for 'little wing') is a hinged flight control surface usually attached to the trailing edge of each wing of a fixed-wing aircraft. Ailerons are used in pairs to control the aircraft in roll, or movement around the aircraft's longitudinal axis. Movement around this axis is called 'rolling' or 'banking'. Ailerons move in … Continue reading Aircraft Terms